PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US Legacy Age 65 Retirements
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2016, 08:52
SextanteUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recession and hiring

I was talking to a friend few weeks ago, and we agreed that with this retirement numbers, even if we get a HUGE recession, they will still hire, at a lower pace, but they will have to, in our opinion.

We are not talking about a few hundred retirements here and there, we are talking about thousands and thousands.

On the other hand, and I admit that it's sad, but since recessions are now something more and more common, the economy suffers a lot, layoffs everywhere, etc etc....but at the same time people will keep travelling, won't just sit waiting, they'll for opportunities and stuff like that.

So if we are talking about I don't know, 12-14,000 retirements in the next 20 years? (no idea about the precise number), maybe with a few crisis and recessions here and there, crews will get to fly a lot more if they are undercrewed, and they would end up hiring 6-8,000 instead.....just throwing a number.

What I'm trying to say is that no matter how bad the economy is, those airlines are huge, tons of routes, tons of passengers, and they could stop hiring if they didn't have so so many retirements.

And being politicians as dumb as a human being can be, I wanna think they learn a couple of things everytime economy goes to hell, so next time is a different reason or it doesn't last that much.

Last edited by SextanteUK; 14th Feb 2016 at 09:14.