PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 737 MAX First Flight
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2016, 07:51
condor17

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NS , opposite poles i'm afraid .. Learned more in 1 year of 732s than the previous 12 on Britains finest of which 117 were built . Then enjoyed the transition to 733s and TVs . Later again thoroughly enjoyed left hand on 734s .
Cosy cockpit ? Yes , but when in the seat everything's to hand and no more cramped than a 744 .
Ergonomics , best was the the 732 ADVs , white on black instruments and an enormous A/H .... Never believe a TV salesman who says you can read the TVs in bright sunshine .
Easy aeroplane to fly , but more difficult to fly well . Jet powered Aztec , 732 is balanced on a pin ... eng out hit 15 degrees and hold it there , stop yaw with most of rudder and hold it ! Good efficient people carrier, turn round with only a tractor and trailer , airstairs , reverse off stand , Cat 3A , flies well as a soft top , I could go on ....
Yes I know control forces , and response not the best , but previous was lovely to handle but carp at everything else . But , probably the last aeroplane I've hand flown for a complete sector . Germany to UK .
44 year reunion last Autumn ; an older course mate from the Emerald Isle who's spent his time in Green 73s .... '' I bet you can still remember the 732 attitudes and power settings ''. He was right I could , and all from 30 years back . Other more recent types have fallen into the abyss .

rgds condor ,

Of the ... If it's not Boeing , I'm not going persuasion , and of course I'm only an old tractor driver with wings . So most aeronautical devices handle better than a Fergy , Grey or Red .