PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - lightning mate
Thread: lightning mate
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2016, 06:01
McDuff

Lead on...

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I only found out yesterday, after I was sent a link to an obituary written and published by a charity he volunteered for.

Years of googling and all I ever found was a former pilot who windsurfed. He seems lovely, and has the right name, but he wasn't my father.

Internet searches must be like buses, nothing comes along for years, and then three turn up at once. The charity link that was sent, and two links I've found relating to his passing being noted and marked by his professional peers.

I only have one photo of him http://tinyurl.com/jg7493r
Sarah,

I met that (other) Terry Adcock a few times as we bought his house from him in Gamlingay, over 20 years ago.

I was very sorry to read that (your father) Terry had died. He was a bit of a legend in the Eurofighter development world in the 90s as he was doing the testing for the anti-G system. Terry seemed indescructible.

At the time when we were discovering 'arm pain", caused by high g and all-enclosing anti-G garments, Terry insisted that it be called "arm discomfort" as he didn't feel "pain". I work at the successor to SAM, called the Centre of Aviation Medicine, at RAF Henlow, and we have a few photos of him around.

I've messaged you on FB about it.