PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - High Functioning Autism Class 1
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2016, 22:23
speedbird_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
High Functioning Autism Class 1

Hi all!

I've been following these forums and I really cannot say enough about those who give their time and effort to help others. We need more like you .

I am due to have my class 1 initial done shortly and there are a few things that are worrying me slightly. On the form, it gives you the option to declare family history of mental illnesses. My twin was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism pre-school and my younger brother was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome not too long ago. As far as I'm aware, I have never been been diagnosed with HFA (I know for sure I haven't been diagnosed with asperger's). I did have a language delay when I was younger, which may have led some to believe I may have similar symptoms, but as before, I've never had an official diagnosis of the condition.

The concern I have is that my family history will let me down. Should I be concerned? Another thing which is concerning me is if the CAA happen to come across HFA and I wasn't aware of the diagnosis. Anyone know what their view is on that? I want to be as honest as possible, I wouldn't want to risk having my license withheld.