PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2016, 16:58
paco

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts
I hear you - we have the same problem here about when to stop, but if you keep the numbers out of the equation, the stuff in 965 is pretty much the same, I think. One problem with that question is, what reference did they use? The Manual of Firemanship? I don't think so! At least, not the copy I have here.

I have made the point (to EASA) that no school has any confidence in the question bank, and they won't as long as the source material for the questions is not disclosed to the teachers, however much it might be in the metadata to the questions. As a school, I don't want to know the questions - all I want is the knowledge that the questions will be sensible and practical, and where they came from, then I can teach properly in line with standard industry practice! Leaving the schools to guess and leaving the poor student to find out after the exam that they guesssed wrong is not fair (to the student) and unprofessional. Why should they have to come up with wrong answers in order to get a question "right"?

However, at least the LOs have been revised - maybe some revision of the question bank could be now forthcoming. It's long overdue.

Phil