PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wearing Bars?
Thread: Wearing Bars?
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2016, 14:18
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I only wear mine when flying a girl on a first date in our C172 shareoplane............. chicks love that stuff
I bet you belong to one of these Uniform dating sites ?

But yes have to admit being a Pilot does have a pull with SOME of the fairer or darker sex!

But still think a uniform would work up to the point you got to the door of a Cessna 150 in your full regalia and then the pull of the uniform would drop as fast as another part of your anatomy

Better off the rugged look of jeans and T-shirt plus maybe Raybans for the C150/172/PA28

Pull = impressive uniform = impressive aircraft = a good night

Pull = impressive uniform = Cessna 150 PA28 = ahhh what a **** = no pull retreat with floppy bars and drooping RAF handlebar moustaches ( they are back in fashion with long beards if you didn't know

Question ? Do bars mean your a commercial professional pilot or any pilot acting as Captain of an aircraft? and how low down the aircraft chain do you go before looking a clot wearing them? Single engine PC12 OK? Twin Piston ok ? single piston Cirrus Malibu ok ? where is the dividing line between looking good with bars or a clot?

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 12th Feb 2016 at 15:02.