PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Death of the Airshow?
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2016, 13:04
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pittsextra

I'm inclined to agree that grounding Hunters was unnecessary and that the decision may have been influenced by PR considerations. Further, given what has already emerged from the AAIB investigation, perhaps it could now be lifted?
However, I am not party to all the information available to the CAA, nor to CAA decision making.
So when I wrote "not a word from the CAA in terms of explanation" I was thinking of many different elements, including perhaps a walk through of how and what the thinking was behind the decision making.
You did not make that clear. Now that you have, I disagree.
You have not explained what other "many different elements" you had in mind. That is merely an observation, not a request for further information.

I sometimes have difficulty understanding points you are trying to make, not helped by the fact, as others have commented in various threads, that you have a propensity to shift your ground. Like Widger, I am struggling to understand what your beef is here.
Is there some new science? Is there some new way of thinking - and if there is what was the flaw in the old way of thinking and what led us down that path... etc etc.
No "new science" nor new way of thinking as far as I'm aware.
It is part of the ongoing process of reviewing all spheres of air safety. Given that 11 people died at Shoreham, it would have been surprising, to say the least, if the CAA had not announced a further review of air display safety notwithstanding that one had very recently been completed.
I hope that any further restrictions introduced at the conclusion of the review are not OTT and confined to those which are really necessary.
Are you saying that all the other historical data as ignored up until edition 14 of CAP403 and now we have this crash and suddenly things that were not relevant are suddenly front and centre? If that isn't knee jerk I'm not sure what it is.
No, I am not.
If I thought any of those things I would have said so. I don't.
Lets be honest here you can not seriously expect us to believe that all of these risk assessment elements are some sudden great revelation post Shoreham 2015?
Let's be honest here: I did not say that, nor did I imply it.

I have no control over what you choose to infer from what I say, merely a passing curiosity about why you do and that fades quite quickly.

Last edited by Flying Lawyer; 12th Feb 2016 at 13:46.