PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2016, 11:38
ATNotts

Received 304 Likes on 173 Posts
MAN has had them in the bag for a while and been busy getting the 'niche' routes like Nuremburg, Brindisi, Tivat, Marseille, Porto and long haul like Boston, Los Angeles, Beijing and Phuket.
Looking at just one of those, NUE has always found it hard to sustain services to London! Eurowings ran to STN for a while - then left, Air Berlin seemed to do OK at STN, then moved the service to LGW, then (due to policy changes primarily) left the route. The Ryanair tried daily from STN, again this was soon watered down to a few days a week, and only now are they trying again.

Cutting to the chase, Nürnberg is well down the list of German cities for UK tourists, aside of around the Christkindle market in December, and the population of Frankonia isn't so great. I can really see NUE struggling as a route to MAN - as I can to Stansted, though if I was still in my previous job, I for one would have used it - rather than transit via FRA or AMS. I think smaller aircraft and more business orientated service would be a better fit on NUE/MAN but I may find myself eating my hat 12 months down the line!