PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 12th Feb 2016, 01:56
Frank_The_Tank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aren't REX FO's on about $50k? If you're flying a GA twin and getting paid that, you're getting shafted.
Haha mate! How many years do you think it takes the average Joe to get onto a twin in GA? and I'm not talking about 3 or 4 years ago, I'm talking about now. I have a lot of mates in GA and I can tell you some of them have had a commercial licence longer than me (6 years) and still can't crack it into a twin job. Of those who do of the guys and girls I know, I would say the average wage for a twin job would be about 50k a year. Most of them are only on casual twin jobs trying to pick up the scraps of what's left. The occasional guy/girl is paid the GA base award (52-60k depending on type) but can guarantee you of those who are lucky enough to be paid the "award" 90% of those companies don't pay all the allowances that are written in the award. Go figure. As people have already alluded to, the REX base wage is about 54k a year but with allowances you could expect an extra 10k on top of that. Is it worth while? you decide.