PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Twin locator approaches
View Single Post
Old 2nd Oct 2000, 18:47
Streamline

reynoldsno1

Yes I do know about Pans Ops and Terps, I have the copies at home and studied them.

We at our company we even X-check the calculations of some other countries and sometimes we are surprised and learn from it.

There are third world countries everywhere that have signed up with ICAO to apply Pans ops etc but...

Therefore some countries and companies have elected to make their own maps and plates and are no longer dependent on the competence of third parities.

It’s their decision and presumably not a cheap one but they think it’s worth it.

Fact is that someone has raised a question, because apparently there is a problem with some approach plates.

So if the plate is ambiguous then you have the right to ask for clarification about the plate to whoever made that plate.

No offence meant to whoever made the plate however, but details matter when lives are involved.

I know companies that forbit their crews to go into certain airports while others do not.

Civil pilots try to stay out of trouble while the military go and look it up. (it's the nature of their mission of course)
------------------
Smooth Trimmer

[This message has been edited by Streamline (edited 02 October 2000).]