PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RRP (Flying) Review
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2016, 16:19
Avtur

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
for the same pay as the Stn Adj. Who, by the way, will probably already be a Sqn Ldr after his far shorter trade training and much more time to work on his career broadening staff work.
So from a previously unanswered/ignored question from another post: I again ask why Officer pay is not banded by he same standards applied to Non Commissioned members by the latest debacle? I believe that a Provost Officer, Admin Officer ou les bluntee, do not work to or possess the same academic or professional rigour that say an Engineering or ATC Officer (as an example) possesses, and must work and sign up to. Signing off a repair or limitation on a jet is somewhat different to signing off on an investigation, a deviation from some obscure QR or AP, or reporting on the quality of the morning barrier lift (for example). I have deliberately cited ground "trades" that do no carry the Aircrew bollock5 arguments, and I do not subscribe to the argument that Officers are Officers first; WO and SNCO subscribe to the same argument but their pay is still activity and professionally based. Lets get on the same playing field.

Last edited by Avtur; 11th Feb 2016 at 16:32.