PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas 787 recruitment for cadetship
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2016, 10:01
Di_Vosh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yadot

It's a bit disappointing that you have a go at cadets and then decide to "leave the conversation" because

This conversation has degenerated into taking personal shots at me and some of my work colleagues now at Qlink.
Unless some posts have been removed I can't see any evidence of this.

I (amongst others) stated previously that many of the cadets at Qlink will be more than capable of becoming mainline SO's because they've had extensive real-world experience in their time at Qlink, including (in some cases) several years TP command.

One of your replies included:

The facts are this.

Fact 1) Those cadets wouldn't be in command with an ATPL if CASA had not been pressured to allow ICUS to be logged. Qantas management realised they would have a workforce of pilots unable to be given upgrades in the future and it was touch and go there for a while regarding this.

Fact 2) Those cadets cried their little hearts out when losing their ghosting seniority in QF. Welcome to the real world! If you don't work for QF, then you shouldn't ever have a seniority number (implemented by a previous QF Chief Pilot who, yes you guess it, was a cadet).

Fact 3) Cadets are humans and nice people. They have great skills and boy do they know the SOP's well. However, that doesn't mean, contrary to this argument that I keep hearing, is that GA pilots have "bad skills". If learning to instruct, being a charter pilot, going to university or a jet jock in the military is a "bad skill", then the days of being a professional Qantas pilot are numbered.
MY OPINION:

Fact 1: So what? The FACT is, is that they have TP command and some have logged well over 1000 hours command.

Fact 2: Hardly relevant to the discussion at hand. The irony in this "fact" is that you're having a personal stab at a group of people and are then refusing to continue a discussion that you started because you feel other people are having a swipe at you for making the statement in the first place.

Fact 3: Please point out to us here where anyone has said on this thread that "GA pilots have "bad skills".

DIVOSH!