PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 10th Feb 2016, 21:58
Frank_The_Tank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Cup vs Cake. Hope you're still enjoying the AAPA accommodation on your Wagga overnights.

Considering the way GA is going, I think this scheme is probably still worth while - but expect a few pineapples. It's not what it used to be.. It's a lot more expensive now from what I hear too. You're the puppet and management will pull your strings which ever way they see fit to save a buck (constant blackmail). The best advice I can offer is to keep your head down, don't get noticed and you'll probably be ok.

At the end of the day, REX will need you as a captain when you're eligible. So, no matter how much they try to screw you over with conditions and threats it's in their interest to get you in the LHS.

There are now former cadets moving to Emirates and Cathay who had commands at <25 Years old - that's pretty damn good going. Your alternative is to slog it out in GA and fight for the few multi jobs left on clapped out, dodgy 40 year old aircraft on more often than not less money than a REX FO, probably getting treated similarly.

Any truth to the rumour some FO's have their apps in at Qlink?