PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow S76 Ditched in Nigeria today Feb 3 2016
Old 10th Feb 2016, 20:54
Nigerian Expat Outlaw

Nigerian In Law

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Tragedy

212man/Nigel Osborn,

I was the M.P. of Eket when C.B. flew BIQ into the ground next to the QIT.

He had just requested (and been given) work-over, which was prevalent at the time so he could put down a deposit on a Porsche GT3. He was over the moon about it.

Despite some CRM issues manifesting themselves from time to time he was a more than competent pilot and never complained about an extra programme, late finishes etc, as was often the case at Eket in the days of 6 badly MOBIL managed 412s.

Nobody saw that "accident" coming, including the very experienced Captain who was rostered to fly with him that day, and who also frequents this forum.

The NCAA and AIB reports glossed over a lot of information which was readily available at the time. That oversight was entirely theirs, nothing to do with Bristow.

Subsequent reports appear to be much more thorough, impartial and draw upon external technology/knowledge where appropriate. I trust this one will be too.

Just my two penneth.

NEO

Last edited by Nigerian Expat Outlaw; 10th Feb 2016 at 20:58. Reason: Bad Grammar