PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone have anything positive to say about EK?
Old 10th Feb 2016, 20:25
ezy6543

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't agree more with what Trader said! But for me the killer was seeing a great colleague going through hell recently. His 5 year old kid died in a tragic incident at a "respected" sports camp here in Dubai. Their story pulled me out of that Dubai "bubble" I was living in.
He and his wife have been treated really poorly by the authorities! No respect, no empathy, left in the dark and basically left on their own to handle the situation, which they still bravely and silently do to honour their kid. Silently because we all know what happens here to people opening their mouths and telling the truth.
I was pleasantly surprised to hear from them that they got a lot of support from EK. At least a positive and humane action from the company.

My point is that this place is being portrayed as the safest place on earth, the place to be, but it's far from that. When the **** really hits the fan, believe me and I've seen it, you're on your own! This place is overpriced, overrated, posh on the surface but underneath that so underdeveloped, and not safe at all!

EK isn't great but it could be worse. But just stay the hell out of this country! It's the best thing you can do to yourself and especially your family. If you're working for a Europe LCC, please get your command and stay there! You'll be far better off there then down here!
I'm doing something I should have done a long time ago, packing my bags and leave this godforsaken place.