PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is MOL a moderator here ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2016, 18:12
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some very funny and scary points in these videos. Very well made.

It is a very interesting dilemmia, and something that is seen across other sectors at the moment.

The world is now a massive consumer state, the people buying just want the cheapest service they can get. Look at Uber and the black cab battle, have a read of the online comments of news outlets covering the story. 90% of people are backing uber, saying black cabs are more expensive. People dont see the end result of peoples jobs at risk. They dont consider the 3 yrs it takes a cabbie to do knowledge, the 30k+ it costs them to buy a cab. They just see a guy offering them a £5 fare....Same with us...

Look at sportsdirect, zero hr contracts but they are one of the biggest companies selling sports gear, people just want cheap nikes. The sweatshops of the far east have now migrated to the backyards of the west, and people dont give a monkeys as long as they can buy their cheap consumables.

Need a builder? Why get local john, when vlad from romania will do the job for half the price?

The comparisons are so striking across all industries, it is really sad. Off course the corporates know this. Just need the masses to recognise what destruction to local jobs are going on. Remember, your kids will get it even worse when they leave school....

I used to have huge hate for unions, now I always back the workers. Why shouldnt we always back each other for wanting a better deal. Would you begrudge your family member or neighbour for getting a payrise?

The EU has really and truely, balls'ed up a lot of things. The sooner it collapses the better.

Christ, i sound like some bleeding corbynite!!!