PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPG/ECA
Thread: RPG/ECA
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2016, 14:12
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder why RYR guys are so reluctant to fight for their rights, via a union or not. They can see what benefits cohesion and togetherness has bought their competitors. Why do they not want the same? Are they saying they would reject a more commonly seen better deal if it was offered? If that's what they want then why not fight for it? If published figures are correct, and anecdotes from ez crews are correct, it would seem that unionised ez makes more profit per a/c than RYR and ez crews get a better deal overall than RYR. You don't always have to compare yourselves to BA, but a more an apple & apple like competitor.
BALPA is certainly not top model for pilots' union, but at ez they appear to have been better than nothing, even if only to create some cohesion. At non-union airlines, it can be seen like the nose on your face, that cohesion is as missing as pork chops at a synagogue barbecue. If a union, bad or not, is the only effective way to achieve this, then why not support that route? It's better to do something than nothing. As Churchill said, "it's not action that scares me, it is inaction." Nothing gets better just by wishing it.