PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2016, 13:47
Turbine D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trump has suggested he'll 'fire' it, and despises the military industrial complex.

Trump said: “When they say that this cannot perform as well as the planes we already have, what are [we] doing, and spending so much more money?” He continued, “I do hear that it’s not very good... I’m hearing that our existing planes are better. And one of the pilots came out of the plane, one of the test pilots, and said this isn’t as good as what we already have.” Trump concluded by saying this:

“Test pilots are amazing people. They know better than anybody... They’re saying it doesn’t perform as well as our existing equipment, which is much less expensive. So when I hear that, immediately I say we have to do something, because you know, they’re spending billions. This is a plane. There’s never been anything like it in terms of cost.”
If Trump keeps singing this tune, the Washington DC Congressional F-35 supporters and DoD will start feeling the heat. Not everyone is as educated about the F-35 Program as the PPRuNe folks are...