PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2016, 20:32
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As soon as Luton secures a new route and/or airline, there's a whole influx of responses to the announcement (mostly pipe dreams) that usually consist of; what route is next?, if said airline will expand and base at Luton in future? In fact all it takes is an aircraft from a foreign carrier to go into the hangar at Luton for maintenance and it'll follow with rumours posted of possible new routes the airline might fly etc etc...
I have to agree with you there. Much of the speculation about potential new routes, which are usually wish lists, just devalues the Luton thread.

The problem is there are quite a few of you who follow Luton 'Airport' like it's a football team, and by doing so behave like some obsessive and badly behaved supporters who like nothing more than to pi$$ on the parade where and whenever positive news stories/expansion and new routes happen elsewhere. Especially is the case of those at that happen at Stansted and Southend in particular. Do you see the Stansted fans behave like this with the Southend bunch? No? Thought not.
Well I hope you are not including me in that comment but I do wonder what has got you so hot under the collar as none of what you would call the Luton regulars apart from me has even commented on BA at Stansted and I was 100% positive.