PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR Into IMC Training?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2016, 19:53
Arm out the window

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Arm,
My dear chap, you are displaying your abysmal ignorance again. Glass G is uncontrolled. Which bit don't you understand, the un or the controlled.
Nothing like a bit of condescending comment from someone who's clearly a lovely bloke! And which bit didn't you understand about what I wrote?

If in Class G, in IMC, operating near a navaid, I say to another IFR aircraft in the same area 'I'll maintain a height block 5000 - 6000 within 5 miles of the aid and you stick between 3000 - 4000', or 'I'm operating between the 090 and 180 radial reference the XX VOR between 5 and 10 miles, request you remain the same distance the other side of the aid between the 270 and 360 radial', that would be IFR separating from one another in Class G, wouldn't it?

Or heaven forbid if two IFR aircraft turn up to do an instrument approach which commences at, say, 5000 ft in Class G at around the same time and one says 'I'll remain in the hold at 6000, request you call me when visual or on completion of the missed approach', crazily enough they would be ensuring separation.

By the way, LeadSled, what do you do when you arrive in a CTAF in IMC and there's someone else there? I hope you don't do anything 'illegal' like trying to ensure you don't hit the other person by arranging a separation plan over the radio. You must have some other means of doing it, I suppose.