PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2016, 19:44
LlamaFarmer

Received 95 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally Posted by DC10RealMan
I take my Squadron Cadets to my local aero club to watch the aeroplanes. The Club are very supportive of them and allows them to climb inside the Club aeroplanes on the ground, visit the aerodrome tower, visit engineering, etc so at least they know what an aeroplane looks like.

They are regularly asked if they want to fly with some of the aircraft owners and club members which unfortunately we have to refuse due to health and safety, vetting issues and the fact that the pilots are non-AEF, RAF or dont hold an ATPL.

It seems such a shame that given the goodwill shown to the Air Cadets by many in the world of Aviation that we are unable to capitalize on it in some way but instead we have to wait until "The Management" get their act together which I suspect may be some time.
That's good of you, I know many squadron staff who unfortunately have better things to do than give up additional time for their cadets.

It's been a number of years now, but I seem to recall we made use of one of the Unauthorised Activity disclaimer forms in ACP20A. Appendix E of Section 1 or something like that rings a bell.
Basically a parental permission slip that says the RAF/MOD have absolutely nothing to do with the activity, there is no public insurance in place, and they will not accept any liability for any incident or accident.

We used it a few times for various activities.