PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 9th Feb 2016, 17:07
jamesgrainge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Erm, ok, hi thanks very much for the responses guys, I appreciate that. I obviously did plan on buying a share of an aircraft for fun at the end of the year to hours build.

Being no longer 18 and thinking the world s***s money in your direction and everything is handed to you I understand this will be a long process. Like I say, I've set aside the next 7.5 years, saving £10k a year or a loan to accelerate gaining the licences and intend to be "employed" making money from a flying job by then. I don't necessarily assume that will be for an Airline, in fact I can think of many more exciting flying jobs, but that's where the big wage is ultimately. I would prefer to do the job for the life it gives, the hours and enjoyment rather than the money.

But your post basically suggests that I will have no chance of ever flying for an airline, but very recently the likes of Jet 2 were screaming for FO no Type Rated with as little as 300 hours, and nowhere did it even mention the word "Jet".

Obviously I appreciate some people find jobs hard to acquire but I have worked hard to get everything I've got in life, no one has ever given me a penny. Without sounding soppy, two years ago I was about £5k in debt with no hope in life. Now I have no debt, professional qualifications and rent my own house. So I'm of the belief hard work pays off.

In summary, my real question would be, what is the best order to become fully qualified with an fATPL, is it cheaper to combine IR+CPL+ME or to do as many of the smaller ones first off my own back. Do I need bother a night and weather after my PPL if I'm going to have an IR in the future? And should I get an instructor rating with it just as back up? And finally, I live in Yorkshire, it seems pricey but is Multiflight at LBA any good??

Many thanks