PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways AB Initio Pilot Recruitment
Old 9th Feb 2016, 15:40
LADAN 2ALPHA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear up job

About the sim...from what I hear not much 'coin-saving' is projected since only one lot, the guys who just came back from S.A, are expected to start their training and after that it might be a while before a new lot uses it for type training. That will leave it underutilized for some time just like it has been for a while now. Because, from what I hear, the simulator has been running at below 20% utilization and that includes use by guys from Rwandair and since KQ is looking to raise capital urgently it's part of the assets undergoing cost benefit analysis to see if it's better to dispose it off and inturn raise some capital from it. I won't be surprised to hear it has been sold off but it would have been wise to keep it if I was the decision makers...

I agree let's hope things get better from 2018 but I would probably go with 2020. The state the company is in right now will only take a miracle to get it back on it's feet by 2018. Some pilots have not been on the schedule for a while now...and they are digging to fire the new guys in the slightest opportunity they get. Payment of employees is by credit each month for some time now, suppliers are not being paid...huge trouble but let's hope things lookup in the future