PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2016, 13:14
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't post here that often nowadays because I've given up trying to work out what's going on and it's pointless just pontificating without any firm evidence to confirm apparent lack of marketing success.

BUT I must join Barling Magna in his bafflement as to why Stobart don't use their coach licence to operate LON-SEN; either permanently or at least when there is substantial disruption due to engineering works. Every weekend in February is a case in point when there are no trains from or to Liverpool Street and a Greater Anglia coach runs from Wickford to Newbury Park tube. Surely a Stobart coach from SEN direct to Stratford and Liverpool Street and return could operate regularly during those days. I was recently notified by emails from easyJet of travel problems to the airport for my booked flight so all their pax could be notified similarly regarding pick-up points at the LON end and coach departure times. There must be large numbers of travellers who are affected each weekend yet the Stobart attitude seems to be one of couldn't care less. That hardly seems a sensible stance when SEN doesn't have very good public transport connections at the best of times.

On the matter of BA Cityflyer operating sun routes from STN I'm not really surprised if SEN declined to offer them a deal due to its impact on easyJet's operation to the same destinations. It must be in their interests to ensure that the easyJet operation is as profitable as possible in the hope that will lead to additional based aircraft and destinations. As LTNman points out the scheduling that BA wanted wouldn't be available at SEN anyway.