PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter down at Shoreham
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2016, 12:43
Hebog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swiss Cheese

Yes the facts are 'G-BXFI crashed killing several people' therefore, the insurers for G-BXFI have paid out under the policy.

Agree with DSC810
The reason for the crash has not been established, thereby it can't be ascertained at present if the insurance company will make a counter claim on another insurance policy such as the maintenance organisations or airshow organisers.

I believe that this is standard practice in the insurance world, after all they are a business and wish to make money, like any other business. It is not being mean, stingy etc

Does anyone else still find it odd that the cartridges made in 2008 were not fitted until November 2012. Considering that previously there had been long wait times for them and I would imagine they are very expensive. Although, I expect the AAIB have checked with the sole supplier in the UK and all other Hunters and are able to trace them through records held by the supplier, MB and maintenance organisation records.

I think it maybe a long wait for the final report, but there will be several interim reports as the investigation progresses.