PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR Into IMC Training?
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2016, 10:37
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK if someone is learning to fly in the average GA training aircraft then how are you going to take them into IMC legally?
CP,
You can't, but I have always thought that keeping people alive was a tad more important than keeping legal. The handful of hours in basic training is just enough that the result is probably worse than none at all, hence all my ab nitio students spinning/spiraling out of cloud.

"Back in the day", the DCA blokes knew exactly what I was doing, in those days you could actually have a rational conversation with them. There was no shortage of "tsk, tsking", but no big stick. They knew damned well I was right, they were more interested in promoting sensible operations than mindless "compliance".

Nothing stopping IFR training in Class G as long as separation can be assured (remaining between two radials / distances from a navaid with appropriate buffers, or height separation).
Arm,
My dear chap, you are displaying your abysmal ignorance again. Glass G is uncontrolled. Which bit don't you understand, the un or the controlled.

There is NEVER separation assurance in G, there is no separation in G of which to be assured of. And, by the way, there is absolutely no legal basis for the highly dangerous "pilot arranged separation" or whatever you want to call it, that is common in Australia in G.

Interesting case of the failure of a pilot by an ATO in a test just recently --- said candidate didn't conduct the completely legally unsupported and for which there are, of course, no standard, "self separation procedure", to the satisfaction of the ATO.

Believe me, this sort of nonsense only happens in Australia.

Tootle pip!!