PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - German Pilot Union has an open ear
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2016, 07:46
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glo

I'm going to call you on that claim. The only way it's ever likely to have happened is if the report itself contained names of individuals involved in the event/concern. Then you may well have got a call to provide further information if your name was actually referred to in the report.

However, I can assure you 100% that any report submitted is treated with utmost confidentiality with only 1 facilitator (Capt RC on B777) having access to the reporters details. Only the de identified report itself goes to Flight Safety and is then investigated. At no time will any other party have access to your personal details. Unless other reports have also been submitted for the same event, for example an ASR, then it remains confidential throughout! If you submit a Confidential Safety Report, you, the reporter, will only be providing your details to one individual within this Company. It remains with him and nobody else. He's not part of the management team.

So, with all due respect, making that claim as you do merely discredits the process. I've used it before and wish more people did. It may not have got the immediate results I desired, but it remained confidential throughout, that I can assure you!

Harry