PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 61 gotcha for Chief Pilots/AOC holders and syndicates.
Old 8th Feb 2016, 20:17
roundsounds

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by djpil
roundsounds: Do you have a reference or a copy of the presentation please? It would help respond to a recent email that I (and others it seems) got from CASA about their inability to transition my privileges to Part 61 "In addition, this job requires some additional technical assessment, due to the complexities of CASR Part 61 and how they relate to your particular qualifications." Per their information sheet it is not complex at all "All flight crew will retain their current flying privileges throughout and following the 1 September 2014 transition." That seems consistent with the intent of the reg and, to me, seems the same as the literal reading but people in CASA seem to have a "safety" reason a pre-Part 61 privilege cannot be retained post-part 61.
Unfortunately not, Ron Bartsch was the presenter.
This might help though:

"ACTS INTERPRETATION ACT 1901 - SECT 15AA
Interpretation best achieving Act's purpose or object
In interpreting a provision of an Act, the interpretation that would best achieve the purpose or object of the Act (whether or not that purpose or object is expressly stated in the Act) is to be preferred to each other interpretation."