PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2016, 19:30
A and C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FREDA

I am unfortunately not in a position to make any money out of these contract as my qualifications are not for gliders but for powerd composite aircraft that have exactly the same GRP construction. My position in the industry has me working closely with some of those involved in the recovery project but on other projects.

My primary interest is to see air cadets flying, the cadet movement set me up for a successful career in aviation and I want to see today's youth get the same opportunities that I had, there are not a lot of organisations that provide the sort of character building activitys combined with so much fun and it pains me to see the flying removed from a whole generation of cadets because of the failure of the companies contracted to support the VGS fleet.

I got wind of trouble with the VGS support maybe six years back when the unserviceable gliders started building up due to union problems with the new GRP repair bay I never in my wildest nightmares imagined that it would come to this.

I am sure that when the dust settles on this unhappy situation there will be a doctorate in business management for anyone who writes a thesis about this disaster. I feel that only then will those who's shortcoming and greed that have presiptated this situation might realise their guilt, at the moment they are not bright enough to realise this and continue to think that they are doing a good job.

Last edited by A and C; 9th Feb 2016 at 08:04.