PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2016, 17:49
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
CliveWatson,

Give me a while to go through your post and address your points.

For now, let me just say this. The regulars here don't normally shoot people down for asking questions about their understanding of topics such as this, although I quite understand why you might get that impression at times. Folk here get pissed off and a little harsh when people come here full of attitude and keep bashing away at issues that they do not understand in a way that becomes intolerable or try to score points or criticise or draw unfounded conclusions.

To come here and present a reasoned argument that does not state assumptions as facts and to ask for opinions or explanations is what the forum is all about. In my opinion.

I've scanned your post and my initial thought is that I'm not sure that 2600 was the apex, but that's just from memory. I thought that was the highest altitude recorded on radar - I'm not sure if the aircraft peaked higher between sweeps. I doubt the difference is that much and it's close to what I think MAY have been his top gate.

I'll get back to you an this and there will be others here that will certainly be able to comment.