PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2016, 17:49
KenV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Ken, you might be less open to being called a liar if you didn't make up, like the alleged 4gen helmet, or post questionable stuff like the extra apertures in the F-35I wing (which I haven't heard of anywhere and that you didn't back up). Nor would you be called a "poser" if you didn't attempt to double down on your misinformation by bragging about your super secret brief with VSI.
Oh my. I mentioned I was a USNA grad and had a classmate and later shipmate who later ran VSI for awhile and was called a liar. I mentioned I was an A-4 driver and suffered some injuries during an ejection that went awry. I was called a liar because my ejection event did not show up on some online list of A-4 mishaps. I pointed out that neither Sen McCain's mishap on the Forrestal, nor my friend's death off San Clemente show up on that list, and there's plenty of corroboration for both events. I was called a poser when I mentioned on a completely different thread that I had P-3 experience. I was called a liar when I stated (after I was directly asked) that I had F/A-18 flight experience. I was called a liar when I said I worked for Boeing on the C-17 and had hands on design, mod, and maintenance engineering experience on UK C-17's. And finally, I was called a liar when I simply stated that I saw and handled a developmental helmet at VSI. I never stated nor remotely suggested it was a classified briefing, never mind "super secret" as you just falsely claimed. All the above, no "brag," just fact. So who's the liar/poser?

Now, if simply making a statement without always providing "back up" makes one a liar, that would make you one helluva one (like your recent claim F-35 has no internal carry HOBS weapon, among many others). But since you asked:
In July 2011, it was reported that the U.S. had agreed to allow Israel to install its own electronic warfare systems and missiles in its F-35s in the future. In 2012 Lockheed was awarded a contract to make changes to the first Israeli F-35s to allow the installation of Israeli electronic warfare equipment produced by Elbit Systems. This equipment will use "specific apertures... in the lower fuselage and leading edge" of the F-35I. Israel also plans to install its own indigenously-produced guided bombs and air-to-air missiles in the F-35's internal weapon bays.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockhe...li_procurement

Fairly recently you decided to make a personal attack on me when I had not addressed you, and your charges were proven (laughably) wrong. You've now decided to make yet another personal attack when I was not addressing you, and once again your claims are specious. I don't like feeding trolls, so I believe I shall make this my last reply in this exchange.

Last edited by KenV; 8th Feb 2016 at 18:06.