PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FEAST oversight - Local or centralized in Eurocontrol?
Old 8th Feb 2016, 17:39
mcstiofan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would an employer let another company choose their own trainees? They merely pay a fee to use FEAST.
Whether anyone would want to do it that way, is really a moot point....and not mine at all

But to answer your question - Such a supposed method of testing is what was propagated around the media and the aviation community here, in order to make it seem that things were now "fair" and supposedly overlooked by a potent, authoritative body such as EUROCONTROL.

I never believed that it would change anything, and I know a lot of people who didn't either. Sadly, a lot did, and to this day have their hopes up! As it turns out from this thread, such a means of controlled and overlooked testing doesn't even exist. As you, among others, said, it's all done locally.

Your suggestion is one of corruption at one ANSP if I get this right. This is not a FEAST issue.
Yes, you got it right. I never said it was a FEAST issue though. I merely inquired whether the FEAST "package" itself was something that you could get "off the shelf" or whether it was a highly networked and heavily controlled test/initiative. If the former, then we end up with the current situation. Had it been the latter, then I guess things would indeed be different.