PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2016, 14:13
Courtney Mil

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by PittsExtra
Hang on I'm sorry so the figure was started at 200ft and all prior talk of others about pitch angle, video, lens and perspective is irrelevant?
I now have absolutely no idea what point point you are trying to make. You have shifted your arguments so many times that you have completely lost me.

Lomcevac, myself and others have repeatedly explained that you can legally pull up from 200 feet and go into an aerobatic manoeuvre, which then has a 500' msd. As the manoeuvre is completed it is acceptable to decend back to 200' msd if the next manoeuvre is not aeros. The discussion about pitch angles came from your question about how the pilot avoids doing aeros before he reaches 500 feet - ignore that, it's irrelevant.

So, AS FAR AS WE KNOW AT THE MOMENT, he pulled up from a 200 foot pass into a quarter clover, which is both safe and legal and approved. He would have needed to attain a gate which enabled him to complete the manoeuvre by 500' msd, but he could have decended to 200' msd if required by the next element in the sequence.

If you haven't understood what people have been telling you many times now, it is because you keep fixating on things that might have been wrong and because you are mixing terminology. If you still do not understand then just accept that the manoeuvres were approved, safe in their design and adheared to the regulations. Now you don't need to keep on and on asking similar questions and confusing whether you are dealing with a safety issue, a display practicality, a regulation or the perception of what happened.

Leave it there.