PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 8th Feb 2016, 11:33
PressTheTit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jamesgrainge,

This is my honest opinion, take it or leave it.

If you cannot get the funds / training loan to do a zero/PPL to hero course(speak to Oxford /CTC ) then DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Though the route you are planning is the traditional route (and the only admirable one!) it will leave you with about 200hrs and hardly any twin time, you may if you are lucky gain employment with a small GA outfit and be paid in dangled carrots whilst working in their ops room. You may convince a twin operator to give you a job and build up a few thousand hours over 10 years or so and the airlines still won't give you a second look. (though you would be 100x better pilot than an Integrated cadet).

My advice in a nutshell:-
1.Rob a bank/talk to Oxford or CTC for funding
2. Complete Integrated Course as a proficient airliner operator with absolutely zero real experience to fall back on when it matters.

You will be a crap pilot but have a great job in the RHS of an airliner - happy days!! You will be a Captain long before taking the Noble route.

Good Luck

(you may sense bitterness in my post, there is! don't make the same mistakes as countless before you)