PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing 727 Question
View Single Post
Old 8th Feb 2016, 08:09
Vc10Tail

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Static and Dynamic lateral Stability,Control and Maneuverability-Turning Performance

Part 1: Static Lateral Stability

The lateral motions in an aeroplane are of two types,assuming that the aeroplane posseses 'static stability' about the directional, or yaw axis ans has roll or 'dihedral stability'. Directional Stability addresses the tendency of the aeroplane to point into the oncoming airstream and is provided by the vertical fin.It is often referred to as "Dihedral Stability", since a wing dihedral angle provides the necessary restoring rolling moment.Dihedral (when wing tips higher than wing root..opposite to anhedral) effects on the rolling moment of a yawed wing.

Part 2 : Dynamic Lateral Stability (To be continued...)
Originally Posted by Vc10Tail
Am not sure if there is or isnt a relationship between roll rate and g loading that's why am asking.I imagined higher roll rates impose more loads than low roll rates..better I review "Handling the Big Jets" again am sure I will get a precise Test Pilot answer.
As mentioned earlier other than spoileron "slaps" to bite off the otherwise divergent Dutch roll application of speed brakes was at how many units up?