PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Commercial Pilots who don't know about piston engines
Old 8th Feb 2016, 02:00
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clearedtoreenter
Noone seems to be denying that that maybe the case, but the rediculing and (almost) religious persecution of persons who don't wish to do 'the course' as ignorant and lacking in understanding of the 'science' and further lambasting new and old CPLs as morons is religious fervour gone mad!
This bit bears repeating, and reflection by some here.

I am by no means anti-LOP. I've been reading Deakin's Articles since he first appeared on AVweb, long before the creation of APS. I have also flown DC-6s 6000-ish hours ... All lean of peak (in cruise, anyway) I also ingorperate elements of such into my own personal flying. So, I'm definitely not one to argue against LOP. But I do agree that it is pretty discouraging to see that the LOP fanatics here somehow seem irresistibly compelled to be insulting and denigrating to those who disagree with them, or have not yet been convinced.

As a side note, having seen Mr Deakin in action on the old Avweb forums, I know that he makes a point of being calm, rational and pleasant even in the face of provocation and would be very much against the approach seen here of insulting those who disagree with you. Kind of ironic, really.