PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2016, 18:46
POBJOY

Received 79 Likes on 27 Posts
TING
Who is talking about 32 years.
I assume the 'OLD BOYS' you refer to are the CO's of the Squadrons.
The CO's/Tech Staff of the Squadrons will be the best persons to collate information with regard to repair issues with their own machines;and i would suggest that they have a better recall than the 'system'.
The minimal no of aircraft with structural repairs are far outweighed by machines that only ever needed normal servicing.
Your Tech regard for the VGS staff seems to be on a par with JM.

Anyone with any sort of Aviation experience can see that the ATC glider fleet has had a very protected existence.
The ATC had them from new and has had total control over use and storage.
The actual condition and lack of issues confirms the system at the VGS level was fit for purpose,and as they were the ones that flew the machines who would know them better.
I would suggest that the competency at VGS level far outstripped that found elswhere in the system.
With a Cmmt 2FTS who has no experience or qualification on types or an in depth knowledge of how w-end ops work it would have been quite sensible to confer with the operators so a REASONABLE RESPONSE could be made.
The lack of consultation and his disdain for the Volunteers merely confirms we have the wrong person heading up ATC Gliding.Two years of grounding confirms a momental C........F..... that has no eqaul; heads need to roll but not at VGS level.
What is all this utter rubbish about Twitter Facebook and 'Cascading' for goodness sake anyone with a grain of a brain cell knows we need people who know the difference between Snap on and it Snapping off.