PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2016, 14:52
TheManFromThatPlace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tricky decision. I've been through CTC and yes got the job, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone without a serious amount of thought. Personally I have much more respect for those that go modular and get the job without paying way over the odds for the training! We live and learn though. As for current job market, it's very hard to say exactly. One thing I will say though, don't believe everything sales people tell you. Make absolutely no mistake, the people you talk to at CTC are there to do a job...sell places on the Wings course. If you look at recent photos on their FB page you will see the CPL/IR holders that went through the course recently...the majority are in the ctc uniform. What does that tell you? That they haven't (yet)got a job. If you can afford it then go for it. There's a good chance you'll go straight to the rhs of a reasonably shiny jet, and it's by far the easiest way to get there. I would not want to be left jobless with that massive amount of debt though. Remember, the basic cost (around 100K) does not include the cost of a type rating(around 30k). It's also a slow course, so you have a long time of not earning to think about as well. Takes around 18 months, plus another 2 for the type rating(ish). Modular that would be more like 12 months. No right or wrong decision, just go in with your eyes wide open. Oh yeah...one last thing. All the best.