PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thank you CASA, i feel so much safer.
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2016, 09:10
Ultralights

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you CASA, i feel so much safer.

Its a beautiful Sunday mid morning, wind light and variable, 3 kts! perfect flying day, not a cloud to be seen.. all those aircraft at Bankstown, just waiting for an opportunity to corrode, and have the grass grow a little longer around them, as this thriving industry demands of such aircraft these days on such a day..
Sitting around the flying school, a knock at the door, OMG! A student maybe! Whoohooo.. there is hope! Oh oh, Oh, Hi Mr CASA dude? DAMP you say, of course none of us have been drinking or taking drugs, we are pilots remember, most of us are actually capable of taking responsibility for ourselves.. In the interests of safety yadda yadda, oh, the receptionist, you want a drug test? oh ok, any drugs? yeah i had a head cold the other day, no sir, i dont have a pilots licence.. yes, i do have airside access, how can i talk to the instructors? ok lick this stick and sit here and don't move for half an hour...

I have no way of conveying to CASA, just how grateful i am in knowing that my aviation career and time in the air is now that much safer knowing the dangers posed to us by a receptionist with a mild head cold! i mean, really, think of the SAFETY! YOUR SAFETY... and CASA's of course. now i can sleep easy, and take off safe in the knowledge that CASA, is doing all it can to tackle the real safety issues this industry obviously faces.. the receptionist.

though, after the DAMP test, 1, or maybe 2 aircraft were seen in the circuit during the day.. lucky they didn't take off earlier, the danger and all.