PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part 61 gotcha for Chief Pilots/AOC holders and syndicates.
Old 6th Feb 2016, 21:55
thorn bird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Know a CP who applied for Reg 217 and put himself up as head of check and training, 15,000 hours not enough apparently.

CAsA required him to get an instructors rating, 400 hours of basic instructional experience, then multi-engine training approval, then 300 hours instructing under IFR in multi engine aircraft. The gentleman concerned would long be in his grave by the time he'd obtained all that. So I guess we are going to see a lot of 21 year olds with brand new grade ones and no experience doing C&T on high performance aircraft now. Still when you look at the experience levels of some of the CAsA FOI's struggling through type ratings on some very sophisticated machinery to become the anointed experts, one can only wonder when the next training accident will occur

Incidentally did I read somewhere that Qantas C&T's are going to be granted automatic instructors ratings?

I don't have a problem with that, but it sort of makes a mockery of all those kids who have stumped up the money got all the required ticks in the required boxes and put in the time and effort.