PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Thomas cook pay scales
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2016, 21:00
No Fly Zone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pounds or Dollars?

Whether expressed as Pounds or Dollars, the numbers listed in the original post strike me as low, underpaid and opportunistic compensation. Especially for experienced, left-seated pilots, I almost wonder if some are typos. Does anyone have a reasonable idea about the real gross delivered into the hands of pilots, after the bonus and other additions are applied? Given that an experienced FO, in perhaps his/her second or third year with a different 'Name Known' carrier can do better, I would be surprised if a few mid-seniority left chair drivers change brands and join a different carrier, even with the loss of their seniority.(Older pilots, much closer to retirement or time-out. probably not so much. But in late 30s or early 40s, that compensation is CHEAP and simply not enough for today's market. Is T. Cook abusing its staff, AGAIN? Those numbers are simply NOT fair wages.
Every time I read a story like this, I become more grateful that I am retired that I retired when I did, a few years before any mandatory timeouts.
And if I must say this... The sole component of the airline experience that I still miss at times is the physical act of driving an airplane. The rest, the extended time away from home, endless regulation, schedule demands, additional training, and some safety compromises to save fuel - are NOT missed at all. IMHO, T. Cook does not pay enough.