PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic MPL Scheme 2016
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2016, 19:58
VChap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am absolutely amazed at some of the negativity that has been posted on this thread, I assume by individuals who aren’t on a course, or haven’t been successful in their application(s)!

Concerning the discussion of the contracts, I have absolutely no doubt that those successful candidates will get through training and be welcomed into Virgin Atlantic with open arms, receiving their £109,000 bond back, LEGALLY, tax free, and on top of their salary - it’s been cleared by HMRC and if there were to be issues I’m sure the BALPA legal department would be straight to the defence of those affected.

And yes, it is an expensive course, which could cause issues when trying to secure a loan for some candidates, but one must remember that the money is paid back to the successful candidate, and he/she would get a guaranteed job for at least 7 years, which is a fantastic opportunity for entry into a traditionally difficult industry with barriers to entry.

I wish all others that have applied thus far, or will do in upcoming iterations, the greatest of luck.

VChap