PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's happening in CHC?
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2016, 14:58
pilot and apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by helimutt
wonder why the Cayman islands became the destination of choice for their AOC at one point? Even to the point of issuing Cayman licences?

Nowherespecial: I'm well aware there are military pilots with load lifting experience, and no, I wouldnt be at all surprised if CHC sacked pilots and brought in other pilots to do the job. Wouldnt be the first time. The Union didn't help matters. Coming up with a very weak collective agreement for the Global Pilots. Pay rises aside, the union agreement was, and still is, treated with contempt by chc. Believe me I know this for a fact.
A Cayman AOC was both a tax dodge by the American owners and a solution to the fact that TC didn't want to oversee an AOC that no longer had Canadian aircraft operating under it.

And yes, the collective agreement had much to be desired but it was a direct product of the support and respect it got from the members of the union. I recall the first Biannual General Meeting, where the GHPA offered travel costs, webinar, anything it could to encourage interest in the topics to be discussed and upcoming negotiations. Out of 260+ pilots on the seniority list how many bothered to attend or listen? Outside of the executive.....2

Apathy at the coal face. An ops centre in Dallas that can barely figure out that this isn't American Airlines rotary division. It's sad, it really is, but the end might be the humane thing.....