PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2016, 12:15
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaveUnwin
BTW, Was the 'chip' comment aimed at me FL?
No, certainly not.
It was just a general observation.

I've never served so know only about 10 people behind usernames in this forum. However, if one reads a forum regularly, I think it's possible to discern with reasonable accuracy which posters' contributions to various discussions merit closer consideration.
An example, chosen simply because he has posted this morning: I respected LOMCEVAK's contributions years before I got to know him in real life, and when his profile didn't disclose as much as it does now.

Looking at someone's previous posts can be very revealing, particularly in accident threads which always seem to bring all sorts out of the woodwork - not just in this forum.
In many instances it reveals that they have no relevant expertise or experience, but that doesn't deter them from sounding off.

mopardave
those just genuinely interested in what you gents got up to.
I'm in that category.

What puzzles me is why some in our category don't just read and learn, and ask questions where necessary, rather than posting worthless opinions and sometimes arguing with those who clearly have expertise and experience in the relevant field.