PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does anyone have anything positive to say about EK?
Old 6th Feb 2016, 09:20
Sallytraffic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have anything positive to say about EK?

Euro LCC FO approaching command and considering move.

I have a few concerns and would be grateful if people in the know could answer a few questions.....

Leave - I know Im not going to get the 42 days, but will I be able to get a few blocks off to give me the chance to get away with the family? Can you sell the days back to the company, or will they keep rolling over until they are eventually lost?

School Fee's - is it really going to cost me roughly a months wages per child per year to top up the allowance and pay transport, food etc?

Command - with the amount of guys coming and leaving, expansion, and the lack of DEC's getting in, it looks like the seniority number will go up pretty quick. What's a realistic time to command?

Travel - Load factors are high and I hear it can be a problem using id90's, is this the case or is staff travel still a perk worth considering? Is it straight forward enough to get family out to visit and not have to pay an arm and a leg?

At my current employer I pay for everything; licence, medical, sim, hotels, travel, uniform, food, water, coffee.
On the other hand I have a decent and predictable roster and generally know where I stand with the company.

On paper it looks like a good move, but as soon as you come on here and read the negatives it seems a crazy move.

There must be guys out there happy with their lot, pleased they made the move from the Euro LCC rot?
Surely it can't be that the Euro LCC's are becoming a desirable place to work?!

So back to the original question.... Does anyone have anything positive to say about EK?!

Many Thanks