PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2016, 21:13
Courtney Mil

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
You make good point, Dave. We see plenty of people here that do use their anonymity to get away with all sorts of crap. Whilst I fully agree with PN's point, to the casual observer the real identity of regulars here is not always immediately obvious to the casual visitor and many people reinforce their mystique by keeping their profile blank.

When I read posts here by people I don't know I always glance at their profile to see who I'm reading - more often than not, nothing. So I assume they have no relevant credentials and weigh my opinion of their post accordingly.

Some members here are right to remain anonymous; serving military especially. I certainly used a less well known user name before I retired and did not include my real name as I do now. I remain suspicious of those here that I do not know if they disguise themselves for no apparent good reason other being able to post anything they want whilst hiding behind anonymity.

Sadly, of the thousands of people that visit this forum for various reasons, not all of them are that discerning or do not understand enough about the subject matter to make an informed judgement.