PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finding the ATPL exams (due to time - challenging).. How to cope better as a DL?
Old 5th Feb 2016, 17:17
cavok_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do a timetable to see how much time you need. I did mine modular which requires 650 online theory, minus ~80 hours classroom = 570 online hours. (I am assuming you are a modular, btw.) You need to do the 570 hours in 18 months = 1.04 hours/day with the needed online timed study. I figured this out after a few months of not really concentrating and only doing it when I felt fresh. This meant I needed to do ~ 450 online hours in less than 12 months = 1 1/2 per day. So, leave out maybe 3 working days and you need to put in 7,5 hours on the weekend to keep pace. If you want to be done in a year, then more hours/day. I found that setting daily goals helps and when I did the 1,5 hours, I felt that I had accomplished something.

During the commute I had an app with questions and just thumbed through them. About 70% of the material you will never need/see again. Just ask a jet driver how to work polar stereo charts...