PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finding the ATPL exams (due to time - challenging).. How to cope better as a DL?
Old 5th Feb 2016, 10:50
Scoobster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finding the ATPL exams (due to time - challenging).. How to cope better as a DL?

Hi

Not after a pat on the back or a get your act together etc.. but been trying to get into the swing of things with the ATPL Exams and finding working and having to commute to work and trying to do the ATPL's a bit of a struggle/challenge.

I commute 1 hour 25 mins (good day) - one way and back again - and have had the 'books' for just under a year (10 months) or so now. I have been through the content for Module 1 and averaging an absorption rate/progress test rate of around 70% at the moment.

The other problem is I am trying to understand the material rather than cram it.. and I think that is not working.

It is 'sporadic' at the moment and am finding keeping motivation levels up quite difficult really especially with a full days work - I am also putting a lot of pressure on myself because I am hearing people having got through 'in a year' but with DL I think that is impossible if you just get a weekend to study or sporadic evenings. I go to the consolidation sessions and see that 'one student' who is reeling off answers at the top of his head or bunches of notes and feel even more bad!

I then find out they have had the books for more than 3/4 years.. so that makes me feel better.. bit of a internal war with myself at the moment!

Just want to know how I can tackle this demon in my head and tackle motivation and study better...

Sorry for the whinge!

Last edited by Scoobster; 5th Feb 2016 at 11:08.