PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts about Emirates
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2016, 09:10
120feet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HTC

Harry I agree with you that currently EK is losing one a day. However, I do expect the number to increase over summer after school term and bonus this has traditionally been when most leave. So that would mean an extra 44 pilots resigning over summer. I expect the number to be higher. But it's just a guess. My point was not if EK was "meeting its goal", but if the "goal" was hiring enough pilots to offer relief to the overworked. The answer is no. The TP pilots will dry up shortly, and EK will again have to lower their requirements to something just above ATPL or even frozen. Making every Captain a flight instructor. EK feels they will always be able to feed the machine, so they are not interested in improving QAL. They simply don't care. Not sure if you heard the great silence from fleet. That should be enough. For those joining, remember it will never be as good at EK as when you came. It's been that way for ten years. Understand, you will continuously work harder and longer with fewer days off. If anyone has heard of planned improvements in work rules, hours, or rosters then kindly correct me.