PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay sued in USA for illegal termination
Old 5th Feb 2016, 05:37
Steve the Pirate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the details of the ejection referred to in the complaint are a matter of public record now that the date was specified by the plaintiff's lawyers. In paragraph 31 on page 9 of the complaint, the lawyers specify the date of the ejection (13 Sep 2011) and the US Navy "Mishap Stats FY11" lists the event, which took place at NAS Fallon. The report states:

13 Sep 2011: (Fallon, NV) An F-18 departed the runway on landing, pilot ejected and was recovered with minor injuries.

The Times-Picayune news has the following articles about the accident:

New Orleans-based Navy fighter pilot slightly injured in Nevada crash | NOLA.com

Ten years after a near miss, the Navy's River Rattlers still rattling windows at Belle Chasse | NOLA.com

I'm not sure whether the Navy released the full details of the investigation to the press but the newspaper report did mention the Freedom of Information Act, so maybe they did.

I'm not trying to draw conclusions but simply stating that the circumstances surrounding the accident are a matter of public record - thanks to the plaintiff's lawyers.

STP